Monday, August 20, 2012

Run, Portas...Run!

It's been a wild and crazy day...first day of school for Alana in FL.  Didn't go as well as I hoped, but there's always tomorrow!

Next on my list of 33...to run again!  I haven't been running much since I ran a 1/2 marathon in 2009--unless you count chasing after Avery, and in that case I have run about 10 ultra marathons!  I have been a queen of good intentions, but usually it remains just that.

I need to start getting back into an exercise routine, especially if I'm gonna lose the weight I want to.  One way I know to do that is by getting on the treadmill.  I've been trying sporadically, but it hasn't developed into anything.

A friend of mine is running a 5K in October that I would like to run as well.  She told me about this great app called C25K that she has on her iPhone.  Well, it's free...and let me tell you, it's fantastic!  It basically gets you from the couch (that's the C) to a 5K race.  My favorite part is that it tells you (voice-over your music) when it's time to walk and run.  I got through the first run with ease!  I'm super excited to be running again.

While I'm not ready for a race just yet, my ultimate goal is to complete the 5K in October, followed by a few more...and then another 1/2 marathon next year.

One...foot...in...front...of...the...other!

~XO

1 comment: