Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Lose the worry

I think we've all spent a lot of time in our lives worrying about things.  Maybe it's worrying about the first day of school or a new job.  Maybe it's worrying about money.  It could even be worrying about where we are going to find our next meal.  I know I have spent WAY too much of my life worrying about things--things that never happened!

The next of my 33 things to change (these are in no particular order, either) is to quit being such a worry wort.  There's a saying that 90% of what we worry about never happens and that there's little, if anything, we can do to change the 10% that actually does.  I have gotten a lot better about this over the past year especially.  I think most of it has to do with the fact that God has NEVER let me do without, and has never given me more than I can handle.  Sometimes I question that last part, but let's be real I'm pretty tough :)

The Bible says:


Philippians 4:6-7

The Message (MSG)
 6-7Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.

So there it is in God's words...

I love when awesome things happen, and especially when they are unexpected.  This morning, Angie text me to ask if I had heard of this certain app she had on her phone.  I had it.  I've HAD it.  I don't think I've ever really used it...but anyway, there's a reason why she's my best friend!

The app is called Lose It!  I installed it on my phone after seeing it on a GMA segment with Chris Powell.  Someone said they used that to lose over 100 lbs on their own.  Let me just say, the app is amazing!  It's also free!  I am able to track all of my food and exercise on my phone, AND it lets me scan the barcodes to practically everything to do so.  I don't usually get so excited about technology, but this app is going to be a very beneficial part of me reaching my goals.

On top of the Lose It! app, I also bought a Fit Bit...it's a tiny little activity tracker that keeps track of everything from your calories burned to the number of steps you take...the flights of stairs you climb (I climb way too many in a day)!  And it also syncs to the Lose It! app.  Some of you may think this is all Greek, and it kind of was to me, too, this morning.

The way I see it is it's just one more thing to get me on track and keep me there--worry-free!

~XO

1 comment:

  1. Happy to know you are "conquering" your worry bug!That is not an easy thing to do. That app sounds wonderful...unfortunately I don't have a phone like that . I have lost 25# but I seem to have hit a never ending plateau....grrr.I really would like to go 20 more...we'll see...maybe you will be an inspiration !!
    Good luck !

    ReplyDelete