Monday, August 6, 2012

Making my U-turn

It's been a long time since I've blogged...I spent a good while last night reading a past blog of mine.  It motivated me to journey back to this place.  I realized that even if no one reads what I write, I still find solace in sharing my steps.

I was watching a show on television last night and was struck by something one of the people said.  It was something along the lines of, "If I get off on the wrong exit while driving down the interstate, I don't just keep on going...I find my way back and turn around so that I can head in the right direction!"  Wow.  That's pretty powerful.  I even said that aloud, and my 8 year old didn't quite understand the strength in that statement--especially how it applies to my life.  Reading my blog last night reminded me of how it feels to be on the right track...Lately, I've been driving the wrong way  along the beaten path.

I recently moved back home to Florida after an 11+ year period of living in both Tennessee and Virginia.  I struggled with the idea of coming back here, being no farther ahead than I was when I left...obviously, that's not the case...just how I have perceived things.  I have experienced so much and all of that has made me who I am today.  Now, it's time to journey to the place where God wants me to be...the place I am supposed to be.

Three months from today, I will be turning 33.  There's nothing significant about having a birthday and turning another year older...but I do want to make sure that 33 is the best year yet.  This blog is the place where I will journal my goals and steps that are going to make that happen.  Who's with me on this U-turn?

~XO


2 comments:

  1. How wonderful to see you blogging again...I used to love reading your blogs, so am looking forward to it again.I love your choice of title also! It has been a little shy of 50 years since I was at that place, but I recall it as a good time..one that led to many life experiences that made me what I am today.Take a deep breath and begin this journey with the advantage of a maturity that was not yours until now..I truly look forward to reading your accounts of this new stage of your life...Happy blogging !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also miss your blogs and am glad to see you back! It is never too late to turn anything in life around...:)

    ReplyDelete